You love your Ember mug if you’re a mad coffee person like me. It delivers hot coffee whenever you’re working. But recently, I noticed that my Ember mug wasn’t charging.
I didn’t know what to do and was starting to get a little worried! Then I researched online and found many solutions to fix the charging issue.
If your Ember hot mug not charging on the pad, don’t worry – I’m here to help because I fixed mine!
This blog post will discuss five easy fixes for when your Ember mug isn’t charging.
Why is my Ember Mug Not Charging?
There could be many reasons why your Ember coffee mug won’t charge. Let’s go through a few of the most common reasons:
- The charging base is not connected to a power source. Ensure the charging base is plugged into an outlet and the light is on.
- Your Ember mug is not properly aligned on the charging base. When you place your mug on the charging base, there should be a small light that turns on. If this light is not on, then your mug is not properly aligned and will not charge.
- Something is blocking the connection between the mug and the charging base. Make sure that no coffee grounds or other debris are blocking the connection points.
- The battery health of your Ember mug are low and need to be replaced. You can purchase replacement batteries from the Ember website.
- There is a problem with the charging base itself. If none of the other solutions work, then you may need to purchase a new charging base.
How To Fix Ember Mug Not Charging?
Follow these easy fixes to solve the charging issue of Ember travel mug-
1. Check the Ember Charging Base
The first thing you should do is check the Ember charging base. Make sure it is plugged in correctly, and the light is on.
Many times we forget to turn on the power switch due to which travel mug won’t heatup or charge.
2. Clean the Connectors
If the charging base looks fine, then the next step is to clean the connectors on both the mug and the base.
Sometimes dirt or debris can build up and prevent a good connection from being made.
To clean the connectors, simply use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. Gently wipe away any dirt or debris until they are clean. Once you’re done, try charging your mug again.
3. Use a Different Ember Charging Base
If your mug isn’t charging, try using a different Ember charging base. If you have more than one, see if another one will work.
If not, you can always purchase a new and original charger from the Ember website.
4. Soft Reset
If your Ember mug is not heating or charging, you can perform a soft reset to fix the issue. To do soft reset, follow these steps-
- Press and hold the power button on the bottom of Ember travel mug for 3 seconds.
- The light on the mug will fade indicating that the mug has turned off.
- Turn it back on by pressing and holding the same button until the LED light comes back on.
- This will reset all the issues of your mug.
5. Hard Reset
If soft reset won’t fix the charging issue of Ember smart travel mug, you need to perform a hard reset.
A hard reset will bring your Ember travel mug to it’s original condition and solve all the paring, charging, and connectivity related problems.
Follow these steps to factory reset Ember mug:
- Press and hold the power button on the base of the mug for 10 or more seconds.
- The LED light will blink blue, yellow, and then red to indicate the mug is being reset.
- Once you see all three colors, let go of the power button.
- Wait till the LED pulses back to white to confirm that the reset is successful.
6. Contact Customer Support
If you’ve tried all of these fixes and your mug isn’t charging, then the next step is contacting Ember customer support.
They will troubleshoot the problem and fix the charging and heating issue of your mug.
If your Ember travel mug is in warranty period, then company will provide a replacement.
If your Ember mug isn’t charging, don’t despair – there are plenty of things you can try to fix it. With a little patience and some trial and error, you’ll have your mug working like new.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. We would love to hear from you! Thanks for reading!