How To Fix iPhone XS Not Charging? – 5 Fixes!
I recently faced a battery charging problem with my iPhone XS, and when I searched on Google, I found many other iPhone XS users have faced this problem. It was frustrating because I had to attend an important call, and my iPhone battery was low.
So, I checked the Apple forum and got some troubleshooting guides. Fortunately, my iPhone XS came back to life and started charging.
In this article, I’ll share what I learned about the common causes of battery charging problems in the iPhone XS and how to resolve them.
Whether you’re experiencing slow charging, no charging, or any other battery-related issue, this article will be helpful for you.
- 1 Why Is My iPhone XS Not Charging?
- 2 How To Fix iPhone XS Not Charging Issue?
- 3 How To Fix iPhone XS Won’t Charge Wirelessly?
Why Is My iPhone XS Not Charging?
Apple launched iPhone XS in 2018, but millions of people still use that smartphone. It’s because Apple provides six years of software updates on iPhones.
Following are the common reasons why your iPhone XS isn’t charging:
- Software bugs.
- Dirty lightning port.
- Faulty power adapter.
- Wet charging port.
- Broken or frayed charging cable.
- Faulty wall outlet.
- Damaged battery.
- Faulty motherboard.
How To Fix iPhone XS Not Charging Issue?
If your iPhone XS isn’t charging, try the following fixes-
1. Force Restart Your iPhone
Do you remember when you powered off your iPhone last time? Your iPhone is an electronic device, and it needs some rest.
Usually, the charging issue is encountered due to a software glitch, and restarting your iPhone and solve the issue.
If you notice a laggy interface, overheating, or charging issues on your iPhone, you should first force restart.
You can follow these steps to force restart your iPhone XS:
- Quickly press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, and then press and hold the Power button.
- Don’t release the power button until your iPhone reboot.
- Release the button when the screen goes up, and the Apple logo appears.
That’s it! Your iPhone Xs has been rebooted. Now, connect your lightning cable to see if it started charging. If not, move to the next solution.
2. Inspect Your Lightning Cable
Charging cable is the most vulnerable part because we use it daily without taking care of it.
Believe it or not, Apple’s original lightning cable quality is bad compared to type C cables.
However, we don’t have other options left. If your Apple lightning cable is too old or frayed, you need to replace it immediately.
You can order an MFI-certified lightning cable from Amazon.
3. Try a Different Power Outlet
We often ignore the power outlet and inspect other things, but sometimes the problem lies only in the wall outlet. Try a different wall outlet and check whether your iPhone is charging.
You can also change the power source and insert the lightning cable into your MacBook or Power bank to see whether your charging adapter is faulty.
4. Update iOS
Apple frequently releases new iOS updates to improve performance and bug fixes. Outdated software is a major cause of slow charging and performance issues.
If you haven’t updated your iOS for a long, it’s recommended to update your iOS to the latest version.
Follow these steps to update iOS:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Click on Download.
- Enter your lock passcode.
5. Cool Down Your iPhone
Your iPhone will not charge when the device’s temperature exceeds a certain limit. Apple processor will instruct the power module to stop charging to avoid battery aging.
Once your iPhone temperature reaches normal, your battery will start charging again.
Power off your iPhone and leave it in the ventilated area to cool down faster. Once its temperature gets low, plug in your lightning cable.
6. Factory Reset
If none of the above-mentioned solutions works, then factory reset your iPhone. A factory reset can fix all software glitches in your iPhone XS.
Follow these steps to factory reset your iPhone:
- Tap Settings and tap on Apple ID to sign out of iCloud.
- Go back and tap on General.
- Select Reset from the menu options.
- Tap to select the option to Erase all content and settings.
- Enter your iPhone passcode.
- Wait for a few minutes until it resets.
- Follow on-screen to set it up again.
Read Next: How To Fix iPhone 8 Not Charging
How To Fix iPhone XS Won’t Charge Wirelessly?
If your iPhone XS is not charging wirelessly, then follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Remove your iPhone case before placing it on the wireless charging pad.
- Always place your iPhone at the center of the wireless charger.
- Inspect your charging cable and adapter to ensure that both are working.
If you follow the above-mentioned solutions correctly, the charging issue will be resolved. If none of the above solutions works, take your iPhone to Apple care.