JBL Extreme 2 is a popular portable speaker known for its superior sound quality and durability. However, some users may encounter issues with the speaker not charging. The problem of JBL Extreme 2 not charging is a common one experienced among users.
To address the issue of JBL Extreme 2 not charging, it is important to first check the cable and adapter you are using. A damaged or incompatible charging cable or adapter can prevent the speaker from charging properly.
Inspect the cable and adapter for any physical damage, such as breakage or loose connections. If you suspect that the cable or adapter is damaged, it’s best to replace them with original JBL accessories. If you want to buy a new original usb and charger, you can click the link.
In addition, the charging port of the speaker may get clogged with dust, crumbs, or dirt over time. These buildups can obstruct the charging process. Carefully clean the charging port using a toothpick or cotton swab, but be sure not to damage the port while cleaning.
Table of Contents
In some cases, the speaker may not charge due to a systemic error. Resetting the speaker can potentially resolve the problem. This process usually involves turning the speaker off and on or holding a specific button for a certain period.
Moreover, the problematic issue might also lie with the power source you are using to charge the speaker, such as the wall outlet or USB port. Try using a different outlet or a computer’s USB port to diagnose the issue. Additionally, consider using the original adapter to charge the speaker instead of directly connecting it to a computer’s USB port. If you want to buy a new USB, you can click the link.
If your JBL Extreme 2 speaker still doesn’t charge, it could be a serious problem, and in such cases, seeking assistance from the company or a professional technical support team is necessary. By following all these steps, you can resolve the problem of JBL Bluetooth speaker not charging.
How to Charge JBL Extreme 2?
JBL Extreme 2, being a portable speaker, is designed for easy charging by its users. So, how to charge JBL Extreme 2? For those seeking an answer to this question, charging this speaker is quite simple, and you can easily charge the product by following these steps:
- JBL Extreme 2 uses a micro USB cable for charging. Use the original charging cable that comes with the speaker, or if unavailable, use another micro USB cable.
- Then, connect the micro USB cable to the speaker. There is a charging port located at the back of the JBL Extreme 2. Plug one end of the micro USB cable into this port.
- Next, connect the other end of the micro USB cable to a power source. This power source can be a wall outlet, a USB port, or a portable charging device. If you want to buy a new charger, you can click on the link.
- JBL Extreme 2 requires an adapter that supplies 19V/3A power to charge the speaker. Therefore, make sure you have provided sufficient power when charging the JBL Extreme 2.
- You can monitor the charging status of the speaker by checking the indicator lights on the top panel of the JBL Extreme 2.
- The four LED lights in the top right corner of the speaker indicate the charge level. The more LED lights lit up, the higher the charge level.
- When the JBL Extreme 2 is fully charged, you can disconnect it from the charging source. At this point, the speaker should be fully charged and ready for use.
It may take several hours for the JBL Extreme 2 to be fully charged, so it’s essential to wait for the charging process to be completed. Additionally, when the battery level is low, the indicator lights may flash slowly, indicating that the battery is nearly depleted and needs charging. It is recommended not to use the speaker during the charging process. After charging is complete, you can use the speaker.
JBL Battery Drains Quickly
JBL speakers are a popular choice due to their ability to be paired with mobile devices and their high sound quality. However, some users complain that the battery of JBL speakers drains quickly. Various factors may contribute to the quick drain of JBL battery, and there are measures you can take to address this problem.
Firstly, the volume level and EQ (equalizer) settings of your speaker can affect battery life. Higher volume levels or high bass settings can lead to a shorter battery life. For optimum battery life, lower the volume and keep the EQ settings balanced. This will help the battery last longer.
Bluetooth connection is another factor that can affect battery life. At long distances or with weak connections, the speaker’s battery can deplete quickly. It is recommended to keep the Bluetooth connection as close as possible and free from obstacles. Additionally, turning off Bluetooth when not in use can prolong battery life.
Software updates released for JBL speakers can improve performance and battery life. Check the manufacturer’s website or mobile application for the latest updates and proceed to update your speaker.
This method can increase battery life and resolve any possible software issues. Furthermore, certain additional features in JBL speakers can impact battery life. For example, turning off unused features like lighting effects or the microphone can extend battery life. Close all unnecessary features and only use the ones you need.
Checking the health of your speaker’s battery is also essential. If the battery is draining quickly, it might have reached the end of its life. In such cases, you may need to replace the battery with an original JBL battery. You can obtain a compatible battery from JBL’s official website or authorized sellers.
Precautions When Using JBL Extreme 2
JBL is one of the world’s highest quality and most popular speaker brands. However, there are some important precautions that individuals should take for long-lasting use when using models from this brand. The following are some points to consider when using JBL Extreme 2:
- JBL Extreme 2 is resistant to splashes and moisture. However, avoid submerging the speaker in water, as this can cause damage to the speaker.
- You can clean the external surface of the speaker with a damp cloth or mildly soapy water. However, be careful not to let water or liquid substances enter the speaker.
- Using the speaker at high volume levels for an extended period can cause it to overheat. Avoid using an overheated speaker as it can affect its performance or cause damage to the device.
- When charging the speaker, make sure to use an appropriate power source. It is recommended to use the original charging cable provided by JBL.
- A temperature increase during charging is normal, but do not forget to disconnect the connection when the charging process is complete.
- When transporting the speaker, avoid exposure to impacts, drops, extreme heat, or cold environments. You can use the original carrying case or protective cover to protect the speaker.
- To extend the battery life of the speaker, it is essential to charge it fully and charge it when the battery level is low. Additionally, if you are not going to use the speaker for an extended period, it is recommended to charge it at regular intervals to prevent the battery from fully depleting.
- Pay attention to the stability of the Bluetooth connection when using the speaker. Ensure that there is not much distance between the speaker and the device it is connected to and that there are no obstacles in between.
- Also, check the Bluetooth settings on the connected device and make sure to perform any necessary updates.
By keeping these points in mind while using the JBL Extreme 2 speaker, you can preserve its performance and ensure it has a long lifespan.