How To Fix Neato Robot Vacuum Not Charging? – 5 Fixes!
If your floor is dirty because your Neato vacuum robot stopped functioning due to a low battery and it’s not charging automatically in the charging dock, then this guide is for you.
I have received many emails from Neato D7, D8, and D10 Botvac users facing battery charging problems. So, this guide will be about troubleshooting Neato Botvac battery charging problems.
So, why does Neato robot vacuum not charge? A Neato vacuum robot will not change if the power adapter is faulty. Several other reasons include the deeply discharged battery, dirty metal contacts on the robot and changing dock, a faulty wall outlet, a defective battery, a firmware issue, etc., which also create problems in charging.
- 1 How To Fix Neato Robot Vacuum Not Charging?
- 2 How Do I Reset My Neato Vacuum Robot?
- 3 How Long Does It Take For Neato D7 To Charge?
- 4 How To Revive A Neato D7 Battery Deep Discharged?
- 5 How Do I Know My Neato Is Charging?
- 6 Why Is My Neato Battery Light Flashing Red?
- 7 What To Do When Neato D7 Is Completely Dead?
- 8 Conclusion
How To Fix Neato Robot Vacuum Not Charging?
It’s frustrating to see your floor is dirty and your vacuum robot is not charging. But you can try the following troubleshooting steps to fix a Neato Botvac charging problems-
1. Test Your Power Adapter
In most cases, a robot vacuum face charging problems due to a faulty power adapter. So, if your Neato vacuum robot is not charging in the dock, test your power adapter by plugging in another device or with a multimeter.
Here is how to test the Neato power adapter with a multimeter-
- Plugin the power adapter into a working wall outlet.
- Turn on the outlet switch.
- Set your multimeter knob to 20V DC.
- Insert the multimeter’s positive (red) lid inside the pin and the negative (black) lid on the outer metal surface. (Check the voltage across two metal bars if your adapter comes pre-installed in the charging base.)
- Ensure that your multimeter reading is between 16 to 20 volts.
If the multimeter reads 16 to 20 volts, your power adapter functions properly, and the problem lies elsewhere.
2. Clean The Metal Contacts
When you connect your Neato robot to the charging dock, the vacuum robot’s metal bars touch the charging dock’s metal bars. As a result, electricity flows from the charging dock and recharges the vacuum robot’s battery.
Over time, some dust accumulates around the metal bars, creating an invisible layer that prevents electric current flow. To fix this, you need to clean the metal contacts with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth.
3. Leave It Plugged In For A Few Minutes
Connecting the Neato robot vacuum to the charging docks takes approximately 3 to 4 minutes to glow the battery charging light. So, I would advise you to leave your vacuum robot plugged in for a few minutes to see whether it’s charging.
If it is still not charging, reset your Neat vacuum robot battery. I have explained detailed steps to reset the Neato vacuum robot battery.
Also Read: How To Fix Roborock Not Charging
4. Reset Neato Vacuum Robot Battery
If your Neato D7 or D8 is deeply discharged because you haven’t charged it for more than one week, you may need to reset the battery module. You need to unscrew the cleaner brush and battery cabinet to reset your battery. It will require a Philip head screwdriver.
Follow these steps to reset the Neato robot vacuum battery–
- Unscrew the cleaner brush with a Philip head screwdriver.
- Remove the brush to access the battery cabinet.
- Now, unscrew the battery cabinet and locate the connector.
- Press the connector with one finger and gently pull out the battery.
- Wait 10 seconds and press the Start button to drain residue power in the circuit board capacitors.
- Insert the battery again into the robot and connect it to the charger.
Leave your vacuum robot connected for at least 2 to 3 hours and check whether it’s charging. If it doesn’t charge, it means your battery is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Also Read: How To Fix Ecovacs Deebot Not Charging
5. Replace The Battery
If you have tried all the above solutions, but your Neato robot is still not charging, it means the battery pack is defective and needs to be replaced. You can buy Neato’s original battery replacement from Amazon or its official store.
Click here to check the price of the Neato Li-ion replacement battery on Amazon.
6. Contact Customer Support
If your Neato vacuum is still not charging, there could be major faults on the circuit board. Please contact Neato’s customer support or any professional repair technician to get it fixed. If your vacuum robot is under warranty period, contact customer support before doing anything else.
Click here to visit Neato’s customer support page
Similar Guide: How To Fix Eufy Robovac Not Charging
How Do I Reset My Neato Vacuum Robot?
A factory reset will fix all minor issues if your Neato Robot is not charging or facing cleaning issues due to a software glitch.
Here is how to reset a Neato vacuum robot-
- Close the My Neato App completely on your smartphone.
- Turn on the charging dock adapter.
- Remove the robot 3 to 5 centimeters from its charging base.
- Press and hold the Start button until the lights go off.
- While holding the Start button, slide your robot towards the charging base.
- Release the button once the light turns on, and the robot plays the musical chime.
That’s it. Your Neato Robot Vacuum has been reset. Now pair it again with your smartphone and Wifi to keep the floor clean.
How Long Does It Take For Neato D7 To Charge?
Neato D7 has a 4200 mAh battery that takes approximately two to three hours to charge fully. However, if your Neato D7 has some battery left, it will take lesser time to charge fully.
How To Revive A Neato D7 Battery Deep Discharged?
If your Neato D7 battery is deep discharged, then remove the battery by unscrewing the cabinets. Remove the battery connector and press the Start button for 30 seconds to drain residual power. After that, insert the battery again and connect it to the charging base.
How Do I Know My Neato Is Charging?
All Neato robot vacuum has indicator lights that tell the battery charge levels. If your battery LED starts slowly pulsing in either red, yellow, or green, it means your Neato is charging. A solid green light indicates your battery is fully charged.
Why Is My Neato Battery Light Flashing Red?
If your Neato Battery light is flashing red while connecting to the charging base, it means your robot’s battery is low and charging. Leave your robot connected for at least two to three hours to charge fully.
What To Do When Neato D7 Is Completely Dead?
If your Neato D7 is completely dead, it could be due to a faulty battery. Remove the battery from the robot and test each Li-ion cell with a multimeter. There should be a minimum of 3.7V on each cell. You must replace the battery if you get less than a 3.7V reading on the multimeter.
Click here to buy Neato Battery Replacement from Amazon.
I hope this guide helped you fix the battery charging problem on your Neato robot vacuum cleaner. If your device is under warranty, contact Neato customer support and claim the warranty.