3 Ways To Fix OnePlus Buds Not Charging? (Pro & Z)
OnePlus has been in the smartphone business for some time and has an excellent customer base.
OnePlus makes flagship phones, and their quality is top-notch. A couple of years back, they entered the wireless earbuds market.
Just like smartphones, the quality of OnePlus earbuds is also good, but complaints are coming in from customers that the OnePlus buds are not charging up to 100% or not charging at all.
If your OnePlus buds Z is not charging up to their total capacity or indicating the charging light, but the buds are not charging at all, then we’ll discuss the solutions here.
You need to ensure first to check if the adapter or the cable you are using to charge your OnePlus buds case is in good condition and not damaged at all.
Once you ensure that the adapter and cable have no issue, you can follow the methods mentioned below to fix your OnePlus Buds charging issues.
Also Read: How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Buds Not Charging
How To Fix OnePlus Buds Not Charging?
Here are three methods that you can follow to charge your OnePlus buds again:
Solution #1: Factory Reset
Whether your left or right OnePlus buds won’t charge or have problems with both buds, a factory reset can solve all the issues.
Restore your OnePlus buds to factory data settings, which entirely reset your earbuds and restore your battery charging to how it was brand new.
Here are some steps to factory reset OnePlus earbuds:
- Put both of the earbuds back into the case. Do not close the lid of the charging case.
- Press and hold the function button provided on the case.
- Press the button for 10 seconds, and when you see the red LED light flashing, release the button.
- The reset is done, and you can shut the top of the case.
- Go to your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings and remove OnePlus buds from the device list.
- Now open the lid again, and the OnePlus buds will go straight to pairing mode.
- Pair your OnePlus earbuds with the smartphone.
- Try to charge your buds once again. If the problem remains, you should update your OnePlus buds.
Solution #2: Update Firmware
To update your OnePlus Buds firmware, you must pair it with your smartphone.
If you are using a OnePlus smartphone, then it’s easy to update the bud’s firmware. You can update the firmware from the OnePlus Bluetooth settings.
Follow these steps on the OnePlus smartphone to update the OnePlus Buds Z latest firmware:
- Connect your OnePlus buds to your OnePlus smartphone via Bluetooth.
- Go to Bluetooth settings and then to device connection management.
- Tap on previously connected devices and tap on the OnePlus buds settings.
- Turn on auto-update.
Once your OnePlus buds are updated, try to charge them again, and it will work.
If you don’t have a OnePlus smartphone or using an iPhone, then follow these steps to update the OnePlus Buds firmware:
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Type “HeyMelody” in the search box.
- Download and install the HeyMelody app on your phone.
- Open the HeyMelody app.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and tap on Agree to proceed further.
- Allow Bluetooth and Location access permission.
- Tap on Add to pair your OnePlus earbuds.
- Open the charging case lid to turn on the pairing mode on the earbuds.
- Wait for a few seconds until it detects your wireless bud.
- Tap on the OnePlus Buds Pro (device name) to pair.
- Click on Firmware Update, then tap on the Update button to start the process.
- Wait until the latest firmware has been installed on your device.
Once the firmware update completes, put your earbuds back into the case and close the lid. Now, plug in the charger to see if it starts charging again.
Solution #3: Take it to Service Center
If your OnePlus buds did not start to charge even after trying the first two steps, it indicates some hardware issue inside your wireless earbuds.
You should take the last resort and take it to a OnePlus authorized service center, where the technicians will resolve the problem.
You will get a replacement for your OnePlus earbuds if they are still under warranty.
Software-related issues on truly wireless earbuds can be fixed at home. If your OnePlus Buds Z or Pro is not charging properly, it could be due to a software glitch.
You should inspect your charging cable and power adapter to ensure that both function properly.
If your charging cable and adapter are working, factory reset your OnePlus earbuds by pressing and holding the button on the charging case.
You can try the other two solutions (mentioned above) and let me know the final output in the comment box.