Apple AirPods are the best wireless earphones for iPhones and iPads. Even after exceptional build quality, sometimes it creates a charging problem.
Thousands of Apple users reported that one of Airpod is not charging. Sometimes it’s left and sometimes right Airpod not charging.
It happens because of an inappropriate connection between AirPods and the charging case. But, sometimes reason could be different. In this guide, we shall look at the various reasons because the right AirPod is not charging or the left AirPod is not charging.
Why is my right AirPod not charging?
If your right Airpod is not charging, but the left one is charging, it could be due to an improper connection. It could be possible that your AirPods case is dirty.
There could be many other reasons too. In this article, we shall look at the various reasons and their solution.
1. Insert your AirPod properly in the case
The most common reason for not charging Airpods is because they’re not placed properly in the charging case. If you haven’t placed your Airpods carefully in the case, then it won’t charge.
2. Clean the tip of your right Airpod
Sometimes dust particles or any foreign material cover the charging point of your Airpods. The dust particles work as insulators of electricity, and hence your Airpods won’t charge even after you place them in the charging case.
3. Full charge your Airpods case
If your left or right Airpods are not playing audio, you need to charge your Airpods fully.
Once your case is fully charged, place both the Airpods in the case and wait for 30 seconds.
Now, open the charging case near your iPhone or iPad and check the charging status of both the Airpods.
If your right Airpod is not charging, then reset your Airpods. Below, you can find the step-by-step process to reset the Airpods.
Also Read: AirPods Case Not Charging– How To Fix?
How To Reset AirPods and AirPods Pro?
If one or both Airpods are not charging or audio doesn’t come from left or right Airpods, reset them.
Follow these steps to reset your Airpods and Airpods Pro-
- Fully charge your Airpods Case.
- Now, put your both Airpods in the case.
- Close the lid properly.
- Wait for 30 seconds then open the lid near your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to Settings>Bluetooth and tap More Info (i) button next to Airpods.
- Tap on “Forget This Device” and tap again to confirm the action.
- Headover to your AirPods and open the lid.
- Now press and hold the Setup button on the back of your Airpods case.
- Press and hold the setup button until light flashes Amber then White.
- Now follow on-screen instructions on your iPhone and iPad to reconnect your AirPods.
Generally, cleaning your Airpods tips fixes the charging issue. If that doesn’t fix it, follow the steps mentioned above to reset your AirPods. If nothing works, visit your nearest Apple Care and get it replaced.